If you are intrigued by the MIUI Downloader app, you can read up on it on How to download latest MIUI for your device content. If you own a Xiaomi device, there may come a time when you need to unbrick it and restore it to factory settings. This can be done by flashing the device with a stock ROM. While this process requires technical knowledge, it is not overly difficult to complete.
Additionally, Xiaomi has provided developers with various tools to create their custom ROMs. Using a Stock ROM can benefit Xiaomi users in several ways. Firstly, it ensures that the device is running the most up-to-date version of the OS, which can improve performance and security. Secondly, it can help to reduce the chances of experiencing compatibility issues with other applications and services. Thirdly, Stock ROMs are generally more reliable than custom ROMs, as they are specifically designed for the device and are less prone to errors. Finally, it can also provide users with access to certain features that are not available in custom ROMs. Once the drivers are installed, you can close the installation window.
- There are benefits of going from a custom ROM to a stock ROM, too.
- Xiaomi stock ROMs provide users with the latest and most advanced features, allowing them to get the most out of their devices.
- Firmware comes in a zip package containing Flash File, Flash Tool, USB Driver, and How-to Flash Manual.
- The update is a ‘beta stable’ release which means users who are not enrolled in the Mi Pilot beta testing program will not be able to install it with the below method.
Moreover, you could be experiencing lags, incompatible apps, or security issues having received no software update from the manufacturer. Xiaomi provides full ROMs of every update, for each of its compatible devices. The OEM releases two different versions of these updates, in different formats, following different installation methods. These are known as – Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM. Today, we are going to put some attention on the former, which is quite easier and less time-consuming than the latter. So now you can follow the instructions below to install MIUI Recovery ROM using Updater app and stock recovery.
- Follow these step-by-step instructions to sideload the zip file on your Android phone.
- We have shown you the easiest ways to flash the stock firmware on your phone.
- Then transfer the downloaded .zip file to the root directory of your phone’s external storage (/sdcard1).
- All Xiaomi labeled phones have a built-in update installer that helps you to install official ROMs.
- When you can’t do the regular way to update your mobile, then you can use one of the below manual methods to update your mobile.
However, in the case of Xiaomi devices, you could easily flash the stock ROMs stock ROM from the custom recovery itself. This automatically translates to a plethora of benefits. In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the MIUI Stock ROM on Xiaomi devices via the TWRP Recovery.